Join the Hurricane Florence relief effort.
With thousands in North Carolina and South Carolina affected by Hurricane Florence, there are many ways to assist in the relief effort. Here are a few:
- The American Red Cross- Use this link to donate money that will be used specifically to help the Red Cross respond to and support the survivors of Hurricane Florence
- Text "Red Cross" to 90999 to make a $10 donation
- United Way Hurricane Florence Recovery- 100% of individual monetary donations will be used to help communities affected by Hurricane Florence
- Amazon announced that you can donate to the relief effort if you own one of its digital assistants by saying "Alexa, make a donation to Hurricane Florence." Donations will go to the American Red Cross
- Donate to the Cajun Navy Relief via Paypal or Donate Supplies
- GoFundMe has set up and verified accounts collecting donations to assist Hurricane Florence survivors and communities.
- The Charleston Animal Society needs donations as they continue to rescue animals displaced by Hurricane Florence
- Save The Children is providing support especially for children displaced by the the storm and living in shelters
There are many other ways to give. Be sure to give wisely. Experts recommend that you give to established relief groups that have a track record of providing aid to victims of natural disasters. Check out the Charity Navigator which grades established charities on financial health and transparency. If you suspect that a group or individual soliciting relief donations is engaging in fraudulent activities, report them to the US Department of Justice.
If you have any questions or would like to find our more, contact one of our AGENTS.